Sir Bill Beaumont elected World Rugby Chairman for a second term.
Sir Bill Beaumont elected World Rugby Chairman and has called on the game to unite and get working immediately to achieve sustainable growth in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic after being elected for a second term as World Rugby Chairman.
· World Rugby Council elects Beaumont as Chairman for four-year term
· Beaumont achieves first round majority to confirm second term
· Fédération Française de Rugby President Bernard Laporte elected Vice-Chairman
· New World Rugby Executive Committee elected
· Early announcement approved by both candidates
· Beaumont calls on game to unite and work collectively for a stronger future
· Four-year term will begin after 12 May Council meeting
Beaumont achieved a first-round majority of 28 votes to 23 in the election which was independently managed by PwC, standing against Agustín Pichot.